THE BRITISH JU-JITSU ASSOCIATION GB
- Accept that the primary aim of the Mind Body Spirit Martial Arts Academy is to provide children with the opportunity to enjoy themselves through Ju Jitsu in the context of a Martial Arts Programme.
- Respect the rights, dignity and value of every person within the context of the Martial Arts.
- Praise positive aspects of play and performance such as, effort and commitment. Also the Coach should avoid undermining the confidence of the children by ridiculing or humiliating them for mistakes or failures. Coaches should also avoid issuing conflicting instructions to students.
- Accept that children’s safety and welfare are paramount and more important than individual or team performance.
- Adhere to the Club Constitution, Charters, Governing Body procedures and policies, and to the rules of the Mind Body Spirit Martial Arts Academy.
- Develop an appropriate supportive and co-operative working relationship with the Coaches and management of their child.
- Encourage and guide children to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Find out from the Coach or manager exactly what is expected of them and their children, as well as what they should expect in return.
- Co-operate fully with other Coaches, managers or officials in the best interests of the students.
- Promote adherence to the ethics, values and code of martial arts, fair play and sportsmanship to students, parents and spectators.
- Never condone violations of the laws of the game, behaviour contrary to Black Belt values, the spirit of this Parents Charter, the rules of Mind Body Spirit Martial Arts Academy or other relevant rules and regulations, or use of prohibited substances or techniques.
- Consistently display high standards of behaviour.
- Ensure that students turn up at the appointed time for training, courses and competitions.
- Wearing the appropriate clothing and in the right condition.
- Take care of the official uniform, any lost or damaged items other than for normal wear and tear will be replaced at the students’ parents or carers cost. No other equipment may be used or worn other than Official Mind Body Spirit Martial Arts Academy Equipment.
- Not take any photographs or video recording without seeking the agreement of the Coaches involved first, in accordance with BJJAGB Guidelines and Child Protection Policy.
- Encourage students’ skill levels by watching positive Martial Arts films as well as training in the Martial Arts outside of training at home supervised by a parent.