If you hold the rank of Brown Belt or above in Ju-Jitsu and would like a change of direction and to join the area’s leading Martial Arts School as a National Governing Body Qualified Ju-Jitsu Coach then continue reading.
Mind Body Spirit Ju-Jitsu Coach Job Description
As a Ju-Jitsu Coach you would:
- prepare lesson plans
- demonstrate warm ups, skills training, and physical conditioning
- develop individual training programmes
- observe and assess students, and give them feedback on their progress
- develop and practice your own skills
- take responsibility for the health and safety of students, and employing best practice
- promote & network your classes
Working hours and conditions
Will include evenings and weekends to meet the needs of your clients.
You would also be required to accompany students to tournaments, and attend national and international courses to develop your own skills.
You could work in a variety of locations, from church halls, community centres to leisure centres and martial arts studios.
Our Coaches are self-employed.
Your level of income would vary depending on the number of students you have and your reputation as a tutor. Assistance will be given to help grow your school.
As a Mind Body Spirit Ju-Jitsu Coach you would need a coaching qualification recognised by the National Governing Body (BJJAGB).
Before completing a coaching qualification you will require:
- to be aged at least 18
- Enhanced CRB / DBS Clearance
- a minimum grade of 1st Dan
- Professional Indemnity
- Personal Member to Member Insurance
- A current 1st Aid qualification
Training and development
Senior Coach qualifications are available from the BJJAGB . These are available once you have achieved the rank of 3rd Dan.
Skills, interests and qualities
To be a Mind Body Spirit Ju-Jitsu Coach, you will need to have:
- extensive knowledge of Ju-Jitsu
- good knowledge of physiology
- good communication skills
- the ability to demonstrate techniques clearly
- perseverance and patience
- enthusiasm and the ability to inspire confidence and motivate others
- good organisational skills
- commitment to health and safety
For more information on this new & exciting opportunity then email your CV to email@example.com